McCall Pattern Sale! Yes, I cleaned them out.

Super excited when I see a sale, especially when I see a pattern sale. When you sew you spend a lot of time visualizing a project and unless you see like this person (see link: http://snip.ly/zv6wx), you need a pattern to bring your vision to life. You can make a pattern, but really you need the pattern to even learn how to do that. So I'm always excited when there is a pattern sale. I'm a member of the McCall Pattern Club - which includes - Butterick, Vogue, Kwik Sew and a few more. I'm obsessed with Vogue patterns. Want to see my haul? Of course you do, especially if you've read this far! So here's my haul!

This little lovely has been on my radar for a while! I love the look of the long sleeve dress, and I have a FEW dress ideas. The short sleeve option also is must for me as the ever humid Houston summers rapidly approach. The lines on this are to die for!


I'm in love with the jumpsuit in this pattern! I mean it is chic AF, no lie. I have a few colors I want to try, but my go to fall is always shades of pink. I also envision a navy option for evenings and events.

This skirt pattern is going to get through my holiday formal season. I love the high-low formal skirt and the fact that it is a full circle skirt. I'm thinking sequins, satin, a velvet option. The sky is the limit, which is why I love sewing.
The next is this lovely formal dress slip dress. It seems pretty straight forward, but the darts and seams in the back scare me a bit. I know that vogue described it as, "very easy", but we shall see how a sewist with only 1-2 years under her belt tackles it.

And last but not least, this awesome vintage pattern. I'm loving the waist on this - I'm not going to lie to you - I have curves. And, a dress with this shape and waist always makes me feel beautiful. I can't wait to whip this up! I'd love to do one ASAP, so I'll share results with photos, of course...lol

Wanting your own spring look, check out this lovely look at The Loft. The print is to die for, and it is similar to the first pattern. Think the shorter option with longer sleeves. Now your thinking like a sewer! Click the photo to shop this look! 


LOFT Petite Garden Shirtdress

No comments