When we get out the quilt supplies

You guys know I've been sewing up a storm. I love the critical thinking and creativity that goes along with sewing. Sometimes you will find me just sitting alone in my craft room, thinking through how to execute a technique or looking at fabric. With that in mind, I knew quilting was a logical next step. I love the fact that a quilting project is not just a blanket for your bed, but a piece of art - created by you.
Quilts in history have always intrigued me, the fact that they were something created long ago and still around today captivate me. I didn't want anything terribly complicated for my first forray. I decided to go with the Aria quilt, created by Suzy @ Suzy Quilts. The most tedious thing about this quilt is the splotch like circles. The pattern requires 168. Yep, 168! That is a lot of circles. And needle turn appliqué, Suzy makes it seem like a breeze, and I think she's just more coordinated than me, but mine not the same. I still love what I have so far though - I have no eta for completion either... lol But you can follow along on my Instagram @tammieloves.

No comments