When you want hot chicken....

So, I've been eating primarily plant-based diet since having baby Dylan. But, I have been CRAVING chicken. And not just any kind of chicken, SPICY, HOT, CHICKEN. Thank heavens Google came to the rescue with a number of recipes to choose from. I did cut some corners to make things a bit more healthy. First of all, I used organic chicken breasts, organic flour for the breading and almond milk for dredging. Then for the hot chicken rub, I used coconut oil, hot sauce and my spices.


So here's what I did to make this so delicious, my husband asked for it by request. First, I used Texas Pete Hot Sauce. I don't know if it's available nationwide so any other trusted hot sauce may do the trick. Second, since the chicken breasts I used are skinless, I soaked them in a mixture of almond milk, Texas Pete's Hot Sauce, and Cayenne Pepper for 2 hours. This made the absorption of the flour more clingy and built a better crust. 


When it came to frying, I used peanut oil and fried for 13 minutes. This may take a longer or shorter amount time depending on the size of the chicken. 


After the chicken is done frying, use a pastry brush and brush the rub over the chicken. The hot chicken rub consists of paprika, brown sugar, pepper, chili powder, hot sauce, and coconut oil. 



It's good chicken y'all! Here's the recipe I used. Quinch your cravings. :)  


XOXO, 
Tammie 

PS - I'm starting a new series, where I'll be trying out something from Pinterest and sharing my successes/failures. Let me know if there is anything any particular you'd like to see!




No comments